How to Apply
Applications for MEPI local grants should be submitted by email to the U.S. Embassy in your country. Please click here for a list of email addresses.
Applications are accepted in English, Arabic or French, but final grant agreements will be concluded in English. We look forward to receiving creative proposals.
Project Narrative (PDF-191 KB)
Budget Narrative (PDF-162 kb)
Application for Federal Assistance SF-424 (PDF-290 kb)
Application for Federal Assistance SF-424 A (PDF-92 kb)
Activities that are typically funded include, but are not limited to:
- Workshops and meetings of a practical and professional nature, which are an integral part of a larger project and contribute to overall project goals;
- Community service projects that practice democratic processes and encourage volunteerism;
- Public education projects/ Public meetings or seminars;
- Task forces that will subsequently recommend a specific plan of action.
Activities that cannot be funded:
- Social welfare projects;
- Organizational start-up costs;
- Ongoing operating costs or capital improvements;
- Buying furniture and office decorations;
- Buying vehicles;
- Setting up a center unless part of a broader project;
- Paying to complete activities begun with other funds;
- Projects that contain the appearance of partisanship/support to individual or single party electoral campaigns;
- Academic or analytical research (if not part of a larger project); Scholarships; International travel, unless specifically justified within the context of a larger project.
- Citizen exchange programs with foreign countries;
- One-of-a kind events such as conferences and round tables (if not part of a larger project);
- Medical and psychological research, and clinical studies;
- Provision of health care services;
- Projects of a commercial or profit-making nature;
- Cultural presentations, cultural research, cultural clubs, and festivals etc.;
- Language training courses
- Entertainmentncosts (receptions, social activities, ceremonies, alcoholic beverages, cocktail parties, guided tours).
- Political party activities
Useful Links for Applicants
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.